Three Cheers for Mid-Terms So Lets Crunch Some Numbers!

Nope, not talking about elections!  This week marks the half-way point to finishing the fall school semester.  That means there are 10 weeks ‘til Christmas people!  It’s amazing what’s been covered already since the start of the school year.  You might want to grab a pencil and take note, it may be worth reposting, repeating and retweeting this mid-term review sheet!  Just to make it fun, see if you can say the following paragraph out loud without taking a breath!

Since July 23rd, the Boot Campaign has sold over 4000 pairs of boots, nearing the 5000 mark.  They celebrated their first anniversary of the launch of the BC, participated in the 2nd Annual Country For Our Country Benefit Concert, released a compilation CD entitled When They Come Back in cooperation with Carved Records, had dinner with Charlie Daniels and Marcus Luttrell in Nashville, launched Li’l Boots, photographed the Seattle Sea Gals gettin’ their Boots ON, interviewed Rick Dees, Host of the Weekly Top 40 Countdown, and so much more!

Maybe you’re wondering if all those fun activities mean anything in the grand scheme of things.  Did you know, according to Wikipedia, the year ending 12/31/2009 there were over 1.4 million Americans in active duty?  What if for every active duty service member there was a corresponding civilian sporting a pair boots from the Boot Campaign?  It would mean that each member of our armed forces would know that they are not forgotten by those they defend.  It also means they would have the support they need upon their return home through Lone Survivor Foundation and Military Warriors Support Foundation.  The mission is quite simple:

When They Come Back, We Give Back.

To date through the efforts of BC fans on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Youtube,  Bootcampaign.com, Carved Records, and many celebrities, BC raised $125,000. Who knows?  Maybe, just maybe with the addition of Li’l Boots, an additional three quarter million plus Reservists would find themselves supported too!

It’s quite simple math really.  According to the US Census Population Clock, there are over 310 million people residing in America today.  It takes less than 1% of the U.S. Population to put their BOOTS ON to support every single person in the US Military.  A drop in the bucket when you consider hundreds of  millions of people live in a land where they can say and do what they want because a mere 1% of the population go to work every day to ensure that right is preserved for the other 99%.

The Boot Girl’s busy calendar is a direct reflection of Americans choosing to get their Boots ON!  So this semester be in the Top 1% of the Class of Americans who put their BOOTS ON for our amazing, and wonderful defenders of fun and freedom!  Pencils down!

Advertisements

About BootCampaign

The Boot Campaign is a grassroots initiative started by five women from Texas known as the Boot Girls. The Boot Campaign is a new way Americans can show their support for our active duty service members and veterans. This grassroots campaign has captured the attention of American celebrities and civilians – from professional athletes, politicians, country music stars and more – and is quickly gaining momentum. Money raised will support troops and veterans through the work of the Lone Survivor Foundation and other charities.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s